Mount Washington has a Council on Aging, as do most towns throughout the state. The primary audience is residents 55 years of age and over. With our small population, programming and services are delivered out of Town Hall or in peoples’ homes rather than through a senior center which is what you would find in larger towns.
Programming varies in response to resident needs and interests. We have a yearlong cycle of activities:
- Weekly Tai Chi
- Weekly Meditation
- Weekly Swim Class at Simon’s Rock
- Monthly Self-Care Support Group
- Summer Community Conversations about Aging Well
- Winter Art Play Workshops
- Winter Soupers with elders, highway and park staff.
Residents can contact Cory Hines at home (528.3998) to request individual services such as shopping for groceries, transportation to doctor’s visits or home cooking.
Funding support for this initiative comes from the state and from private donations. Anyone interested in donating may contact Cory.