Select Board Meeting
Agenda for Monday October 22, 2018 at 7pm
- Signing of Vendor and Payroll Warrants
- Approval of Minutes from October 22nd meeting
- Zoning ByLaw and other ByLaw updates – Nancy Wright from Planning Board
- Schoolhouse next steps
- Appoint Ad hoc committee
- Charge of committee
- Wilkinson request
- Broadband Issues
- Bill Stathis departure from Crocker Communications – concerns and questions
- Service and restoration contract for Calendar Year 2019
- MBI site visit on Tuesday November 6 and closeout report finalization
- Sign Certificate of Completion to accompany WMC certificate
- Missing election signs
- Citizen Speak Time
- Any Other Matters which may come before the Board
Town Office Manager
The Town of Mount Washington is seeking a town office manager reporting to the Board of Selectmen. Applicant must possess strong administrative skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, and excellent organizational and customer service skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- preparation and posting of Selectmen’s agenda, minutes and annual town report, answering telephone, distributing and responding to email and mail;
- assisting all town departments, as needed;
- maintaining comprehensive computer and office files on all issues;
- maintaining computer, printer, copier and supplies as needed;
- organizing and maintaining the office and Town Hall plus all other duties the Select Board deem necessary.
Municipal experience and an understanding of MA General Laws and two-year college degree preferred, but not required. Position is part-time including some evening hours. Position offers a benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested applicants should email or mail a letter of interest and resume to: Mount Washington Selectboard, 118 East Street, Mount Washington, MA 01258.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org DEADLINE for applications: November 15, 2018 at 5pm. The Town of Mount Washington is an EOE.
Planning Board Agenda
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 @ 7 pm
- Accept minutes
- Updated status and progress on Associate Member bylaw
- Review Chris Gruba’s bylaw edits and revisions from 10/25 Planning Board meeting with Town elected and appointed officials, and members of the public
- Discuss preparation for updated bylaw draft to be posted on Town website prior to 11/29 meeting
- Other business brought before the Board
STATE ELECTION NOVEMBER 6, 2018
7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The Select Board is looking for a 5th person to join an ad hoc committee that will research options for the preservation and future of the one-room schoolhouse on West Street. The only requirements are an open mind, an interest in local history, and willingness to work as a contributing member of a team that will make recommendations to the Select Board. Committee members who have already been approved are Hans Bergmann, Dave Whitbeck, Dottie Bonbrake, and Greg Boehmcke. Would you like to join them?
If so, please send each of us a brief e-mail that states why you would like to serve on the committee, and include any relevant information you’d like to share about yourself and your experience (although none is required.) As this is a public committee, each member will be required to comply with the Open Meeting Law, including the posting of an agenda 48 hours prior to meetings, keeping and posting minutes of each meeting, and adhering to ethics and conflict of interest rules for town officials. These may be found on the town website (townofmtwashington.com) under the Governance>Town Clerk>Information for Town Officials and Employees tabs. If you have any questions, please let me know via e-mail or phone on 413-528-3204.
Thanks very much!